Bachelor Major in Biology and Mathematics, Nankai University, 2000.09 - 2004.07
Master Major in Genetics, Academy of Military Medical Science, 2004.09 - 2007.07
Ph.D Major in Operational Research, Academy of Mathematics & System Sciences, CAS, 2007.9 -2010.7
2010.08-2013.08, Assistant Professor, Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College
2013.09-2016.08, Associate Professor, Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College
2016.09-now, Associate Investigator, College of Life Sciences, Peking University
Honors and Awards
Representative Peer-Reviewed Publications
1. Zhe Chen, Xianwen Ren, Jian Yang, Jie Dong, Ying Xue, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu and Qi Jin. An elaborate landscape of the human antibody repertoire against enterovirus 71 infection is revealed by phage display screening and deep sequencing. mAbs, in press.
2. Xianwen Ren, Hua Fu and Qi Jin. Integrating heterogeneous genomic data to accurately identify disease subtypes. BMC Med Genomics. 2015, 8:78 DOI:10.1186/s12920-015-0154-5.
3. Zhiqiang Wu, Li Yang, Xianwen Ren, Junpeng Zhang, Fan Yang, Shuyi Zhang and Qi Jin. ORF8-related genetic evidence for Chinese horseshoe bats as the source of human SARS coronavirus. J Infect Dis. 213 (4): 579-583 2016.
4. Zhiqiang Wu, Li Yang, Xianwen Ren, Guimei He, Junpeng Zhang, Jian Yang, Zhaohui Qian, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu, Jiang Du, Fan Yang, Shuyi Zhang and Qi Jin. Deciphering the bat virome catalog to better understand the ecological diversity of bat viruses and the bat origin of emerging infectious diseases. The ISME Journal 10(3):609-20 2016; doi:10.1038/ismej.2015.138
5. Yongfeng Hu, Xianwen Ren, Yingmei Liu, Fan Yang, Haiying Liu, Bin Cao and Qi Jin.
Serial high-resolution analysis of blood virome and host cytokines expression profile of a patient with fatal H7N9 infection by massively parallel RNA sequencing. Clin Microbiol Infec. 21(7):713.e1–713.e4, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cmi.2015.03.006
6. Xianwen Ren, Yongfeng, Hu, Fan Yang, Yan Xiao, Li Li, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu and Qi Jin.
Clinical utility comparison of two benchtop deep sequencing instruments for rapid diagnosis of newly emergent influenza infections. Clin Microbiol Infec. 21(3):290.e1–290.e4, 2015.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cmi.2014.10.016
7. Li Yang, Zhiqiang Wu, Xianwen Ren, Fan Yang, Junpeng Zhang, Guimei He, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu, Shuyi Zhang and Qi Jin. MERS–Related Betacoronavirus in Vespertilio superans Bats, China
Emerg Infect Dis. 2014 July [date cited]. http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid2007.140318
8. Zhiqiang Wu, Li Yang, Fan Yang, Xianwen Ren, Jinyong Jiang, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu, Hongning Zhou and Qi Jin. Novel Henipa-like Virus, Mojiang Paramyxovirus, in Rats, China, 2012
Emerg Infect Dis, 2014 June [date cited]. http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid2006.131022
9. Tao Liu, Xianwen Ren, Tengfei Xiao, Jian Yang, Xingye Xu, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Runsheng Chen and Qi Jin. Identification and Characterisation of Non-coding Small RNAs in the Pathogenic Filamentous Fungus Trichophyton rubrum。 BMC Genomics, 14:931, 2013.
10. Xianwen Ren. Toward a more systematic understanding of bacterial virulence factors and establishing Koch postulates in silico. Virulence, 4(6):437-438.
11. Xianwen Ren, Fan Yang, Yongfeng Hu, Ting Zhang, Liguo Liu, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu, Yan Xiao, Li Li, Jian Yang, Jianwei Wang and Qi Jin. Full Genome of Influenza A (H7N9) Virus Derived by Direct Sequencing without Culture. Emerg Infect Dis, 19(11):1881-1884, 2013.
12. Xianwen Ren, Yong Wang, Xiang-Sun Zhang, Qi Jin. iPcc: a novel feature extraction method for accurate disease class discovery and prediction. Nucleic Acids Research, 41(14):e143, 2013; doi: 10.1093/nar/gkt343.
13. Li Yang, Zhiqiang Wu, Xianwen Ren, Fan Yang, Guimei He, Junpeng Zhang, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Yafang Zhu, Jiang Du, Shuyi Zhang and Qi Jin. Novel SARS-like Betacoronaviruses in Bats, China, 2011
Emerg Infect Dis, 19(6), 2013.
14. Xianwen Ren, Yong Wang, Luonan Chen, Xiang-Sun Zhang and Qi Jin. ellipsoidFN: a tool for identifying a heterogeneous set of cancer biomarkers based on gene expressions. Nucleic Acids Research, 41(4): e53, 2013.
15. Xianwen Ren, Tao Liu, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Jian Yang, Yafang Zhu and Qi Jin. Evaluating de Bruijn graph assemblers on 454 transcriptomic data. PLoS One, 7(12): e51188, 2012.
16. Zhiqiang Wu, Xianwen Ren, Li Yang, Yongfeng Hu, Jian Yang, Guimei He, Junpeng Zhang, Jie Dong, Lilian Sun, Jiang Du, Liguo Liu, Ying Xue, Jianmin Wang, Fan Yang, Shuyi Zhang, Qi Jin. Virome Analysis for Identification of Novel Mammalian Viruses in Bat Species from Chinese Provinces. Journal of Virology 86(20): 10999-11012, 2012.
17. Xianwen Ren, Yong Wang, Jiguang Wang and Xiang-Sun Zhang. A unified computational model for revealing and predicting subtle subtypes of cancers. BMC Bioinformatics 13:70, 2012.
18. Xianwen Ren, Yongcui Wang, Yong Wang, Nai-Yang Deng and Xiang-Sun Zhang. Improving accuracy of protein-protein interaction prediction by considering the converse problem for sequence representation. BMC Bioinformatics 12:409, 2011.
19. Xianwen Ren, Xiaobo Zhou and Chung-Che Chang. The network properties of Myelodysplastic Syndromes pathogenesis revealed by an integrative systems biological method. Mol Biosyst. 2011, 7(6):2048-2054.
20. Xianwen Ren, Xiaobo Zhou, Ling-Yun Wu and Xiang-Sun Zhang. An information-flow-based model with dissipation, saturation and direction for active pathway inference. BMC Systems Biology, 4:72, 2010.
21. Xianwen Ren and Xiang-Sun Zhang. A linear programming model based on network flow for pathway inference. Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 23(5), 971-977, 2010.
Zhang Lab is devoted to using the cutting-edge genomics and bioinformatics technologies to study critical issues of cancer biology, including revealing the genetic and immune factors underlying tumorigenesis, tumor microenvironment and drug resistance. The current main research directions include: 1) applying single cell sequencing technology to dissect tumor microenvironment, especially the accurate composition and functional status of tumor-infiltrating immune cells; 2) dissecting the heterogeneity of tumor and the impact on cancer biology and drug resistance; 3) developing innovative bioinformatics tools and resources to analyze, integrate, and visualize single-cell genomic data and large-scale cancer genomic data to reveal novel targets as well as the genomic mechanisms underlying tumor heterogeneity and immune response differences.