Editorial Board Member for the journal: Frontiers in Plant Science.
Representative Peer-Reviewed Publications
22. Chen D., Lyu M., Kou X., Li J., Yang Z., Gao L., Li Y., Fan L., Shi H., Zhong S.#, Integration of light and temperature sensing by liquid-liquid phase separation of phytochrome B, Molecular Cell, 2022, 82: 3015-3029. (#corresponding author) (Cover Article)
[Cover Article of the issue, Previewed by Prof. Enamul Huq in Molecular Cell，and Highlighted by the Editors in Nature structure & Molecular Biology]
21. Wu Q., Zhong S., Shi H.#., MicroProteins: Dynamic and accurate regulation of protein activity, JIPB, 2022, 64: 812-820.
20. Li W., Li Q., Lyu M.., Wang Z., Song Z., Zhong S., Gu H., Dong J., Dresselhaus T., Zhong S., Qu L.#., Lack of ethylene does not affect reproductive success and synergid cell death in Arabidopsis, Molecular Plant, 2022, 15: 354-362.
19. Jiang A., Guo Z., Pan J., Yang Y., Zhuang Y., Zuo D., Hao C., Gao Z., Xin P., Chu J., Zhong S., Li L.#., The PIF1-miR408-PLANTACYANIN repression cascade regulates light-dependent seed germination, Plant Cell, 2021, 33: 1506-1529.
18. Wu Q., Li Y., Lyu M., Luo Y., Shi H., Zhong S.#, Touch-induced seedling morphological changes are determined by ethylene-regulated pectin degradation, Science Advances, 2020, 6 (48), eabc9294.
17. Wu Q., Kuang K., Lyu M., Zhao Y., Li Y., L J., Pan Y., Shi H., Zhong S.#, Allosteric deactivation of PIFs and EIN3 by microProteins in light control of plant development, PNAS, 2020, 117: 18858-18868. (#corresponding author) [Recommended by F1000]
16. Yang C.*, Shen W.*, Yang L.*, Sun Y., Li X., Lai M., Wei J., Wang C., Xu Y., Li F., Liang S., Yang C., Zhong S., Luo M.#, Gao C.#, HY5-HDA9 Module Transcriptionally Regulates Plant Autophagy in Response to Light-to-Dark Conversion and Nitrogen Starvation, Molecular Plant, 2020, 13: 515-531. (* equal contribution, #corresponding author)
15. Lyu M.*, Shi H.*, Li Y., Kuang K., Yang Z., Li J., Chen D., Li Y., Kou X., Zhong S.#, Oligomerization and photo-deoligomerization of HOOKLESS1 controls plant differential cell growth, Developmental Cell, 2019, 51: 78-88. (* equal contribution, #corresponding author)
14. Shi H.*, Lyu M.*, Luo Y.*, Liu S.*, Li Y., He H., Wei N., Deng X.W.#, Zhong S.#, Genome-wide regulation of light-controlled seedling morphogenesis by three families of transcription factors, PNAS, 2018，115: 6482-6487. (* equal contribution, #corresponding author)
13. Liu X., Liu R., Li Y., Shen X., Zhong S.#, Shi H.#, EIN3 and PIF3 Form an Interdependent Module that Represses Chloroplast Development in Buried Seedling, Plant Cell, 2017，29: 3051-3067. (#corresponding author)
[TOP5 Most Read Articles in the month of publication, Highlighted and Previewed by Plant Cell, and recommended by F1000]
12. Liu X., Li Y., Zhong S.#, Interplay between Light and Plant Hormones in the Control of Arabidopsis Seedling Chlorophyll Biosynthesis, Frontiers in Plant Science, 2017, 8: 1433.
11. Shi H.*, Shen X.*, Liu R., Xue C., Wei N., Deng X.W.#, Zhong S.#, The red light receptor phytochrome B directly enhances substrate-E3 ligase interactions to attenuate ethylene responses, Developmental Cell , 2016，39：597-610., (* equal contribution, # corresponding author) (Cover Article)
[Cover Article of the issue, Previewed by Prof. Jose M. Alonso in Developmental Cell，and recommended by the Editors` Choice in Science Signaling]
10. Shen X.*, Li Y.*, Pan Y.*, Zhong S.#, Activation of HLS1 by Mechanical Stress via Ethylene-Stabilized EIN3 Is Crucial for Seedling Soil Emergence, Frontiers in Plant Science , 2016 , 7: 1571, (* equal contribution, # corresponding author)
9. Shi H., Liu R., Xue C., Shen X., Wei N., Deng X.W.# , Zhong S.#, Seedlings Transduce the Depth and Mechanical Pressure of Covering Soil Using COP1 and Ethylene to Regulate EBF1/EBF2 for Soil Emergence , Current Biology , 2016 , 26: 139-149. , (# corresponding author)
[Previewed by Prof. Winslow R. Briggs in Current Biology，recommended by Prof.Jorge J. Casal in Nature Plants，and featured by Prof. Eva Benkova in Trends in Plant Science]
8. Shi H., Wang X., Mo X., Tang C., Zhong S.#, Deng X.W.# , Arabidopsis DET1 degrades HFR1 but stabilizes PIF1 to precisely regulate seed germination , PNAS , 2015 , 112 (12): 3817-3822 , (# corresponding author)
7. Zhong S., Shi H., Xue C., Wei N., Guo H., Deng X.W. , Ethylene-orchestrated circuitry coordinates a seedling`s response to soil cover and etiolated growth , PNAS , 2014 , 111 (11): 3913-20.
[Recommended by F1000]
6. Seo K.*, Lee J.*, Nezames C.D.*, Zhong S., Song E., Byun M., Deng X.D. , ABD1 is an Arabidopsis DCAF Substrate Receptor for CUL4-DDB1-Based E3 Ligases that Acts as a Negative Regulator of Abscisic Acid Signaling , Plant Cell , 2014 , 26: 695–711. , (* equal contribution)
5. Shi H.*, Zhong S.*, Mo X.*, Liu N., Nezames C.D., Deng X.W. , HFR1 sequesters PIF1 to govern the transcrIptional network underlying light-initiated seed germination in Arabidopsis , Plant Cell , 2013 , 25: 3770–3784. , (* equal contribution)
4. Shen H., He H., Li J., Chen W., Wang X., Guo L., Peng Z., He G., Zhong S., Qi Y., Terzaghi W., Deng X.W. , Genome-Wide Analysis of DNA Methylation and Gene Expression Changes in Two Arabidopsis Ecotypes and Their Reciprocal Hybrids , Plant Cell , 2012 , 24: 875 -92.
3. Zhong S., Shi H., Xue C., Wang L., Xi Y., Li J., Quail P.H., Deng X.W., Guo H. , A molecular framework of light-controlled phytohormone action in Arabidopsis , Current Biology , 2012 , 22: 1530–1535.
[Previewed by Prof.Christian Fankhauser in Current Biology，and recommended by F1000]
2. Zhong S., Shi H., Xi Y., Guo H. , Ethylene is crucial for seedlings’ chlorophyll synthesis and survival during de-etiolation , Plant Signal & behavior , 2010 , 5: 739–742.
1. Zhong S., Zhao M., Shi T., Shi H., An F., Zhao Q., Guo H. , EIN3/EIL1 cooperate with PIF1 to prevent photo-oxidation and promote greening of Arabidopsis seedlings , PNAS , 2009 , 106 (50): 21431-21436.
Plants and Environment, undergraduate and graduate students, Autumn Semester;
Photosynthesis and Material cycle, undergraduate and graduate students, Autumn Semester;
Biochemistry Seminar, undergraduate students, Spring Semester;
Developmental Biology, undergraduate students, Spring Semester;
Frontiers in plant photobiology and hormones, graduate students, Spring Semester;
PTN Plant track course-Plant hormones, graduate students, Spring Semester.